Republic Records Announces The Release of “The High Note Original Motion Picture Soundtrack”on May 29
Republic Records and Focus Features announce the release of The High Note Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on May 29, 2020. The soundtrack will arrive the same day as the film, which will be available on at home on demand.
Preceding the arrival of the album, the film’s first single “Love Myself” is performed by Emmy Nominated and Golden Globe® Award-winning actress Tracee Ellis Ross, who stars in the film as recording artist “Grace Davis.” “Love Myself” is available via all digital service providers today.
Listen to “Love Myself”: HERE
Written by Sarah Aarons [Alessia Cara, John Legend, Khalid] and Greg Kurstin [Paul McCartney, P!nk, Céline Dion], “Love Myself” is a pivotal song in the movie performed by Tracee Ellis Ross as “Grace Davis.” This notably marks the first time the actress has released a song, which highlights her dynamic voice as “Grace Davis” and sets the stage for both the record and the film.
Produced by GRAMMY® Award-winner Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins [Michael Jackson, Beyoncé], the 15-song Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features new recordings by cast members Ross and Kelvin Harrison, Jr.
Beyond “Love Myself,” Ross delivers stunning performances of “Bad Girl,” “Stop For A Minute,” “New To Me,” and a duet with Harrison, Jr. on “Like I Do.” Additionally, classics from Donny Hathaway, Maxine Brown, and Aretha Franklin as well as the single “Mind Over Matter” by Anthony Ramos round out the tracklisting (see below).
Experience the music of The High Note now!
The High Note (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Love Myself (The High Note) – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Stop For A Minute – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Let’s Stay Together – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Share Your Love with Me – Aretha Franklin
- You Send Me – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Oh No Not My Baby – Maxine Brown
- Bad Girl – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Track 8 – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Mind Over Matter – Anthony Ramos
- Chemistry – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Jealous Guy (Live at The Bitter End 1971) – Donny Hathaway
- New to Me – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Like I Do – Tracee Ellis Ross & Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- You Send Me (Darkchild Mix) – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Love Myself (Film Version) – Tracee Ellis Ross
ABOUT THE HIGH NOTE
Set in the dazzling world of the L.A. music scene comes the story of Grace Davis (Tracee Ellis Ross), a superstar whose talent, and ego, have reached unbelievable heights. Maggie (Dakota Johnson) is Grace’s overworked personal assistant who’s stuck running errands but still aspires to her dream of becoming a music producer. Things come to a head when Grace’s long-time manager (Ice Cube) presents the singer with a choice that could alter the course of her career, and Grace must choose between playing it safe or listening to her heart in a decision that could change her life forever.